The WindSense system features an ultra tough Wind Transducer with Igildur™ bearings for exceptional life and corrosion resistance. Data transmission is via a super-thin 20m digital cable providing fast update NMEA0183 ($MWV) data to the below deck wireless interface.
Wind data is then wirelessly streamed to any compatible App or Navigation software package enabling Apparent, True*, Close Haul or Running data to be displayed on an iOS, Android, Mac or Windows device. Up to 7 mobile devices can receive the same data, so crew and family members can also see exactly what the wind is doing.
The Wireless interface box has a configurable NMEA0183 input/output (4800/38400 baud) allowing GPS, Instrument or AIS data be be multiplexed (combined) with the WindSense data and streamed to the mobile devices/apps
*True Wind readings require boat speed (SOG or STW) data to be available.
- Wireless Wind system for Smart Phones, Tablets and Laptops
- Ultra tough Mast Head Unit
- Igildur™ bearings for exceptional life and corrosion resistance
- Full range of Apps to display Apparent, True*, Close Haul and Running data
- 12/24v DC operation with minimal power consumption
- Mast Head Unit can be used independently as an NMEA0183 wind transducer
- Other NMEA0183 data can be multiplexed and streamed wirelessly with the wind data
- Support up to 7 wireless devices
- LED Status Indicators and alignment switch
- 20m Ultra-thin mast cable